True Woman Make-Over: Update 1

I'm being reminded that as you receive teaching, you must take what is true and let go of what is merely opinion.
I am enjoying this study of Proverbs 31 but I must admit that I have come across a few sayings of Nancy Leigh DeMoss, that just don't sound right to me. True Woman Make-Over uses her teaching for the first 10 days of this 30 day make-over.

I think I know what she means on some of things that stick out to me, it's just how she says it that bothers me.

I thought I would use this as an opportunity to remind myself and anyone reading this, to always check what you are reading by the scriptures...no matter what you read or learn.


I really loved what she said here:
That word virtuous or excellent is a difficult word to translate from the original Hebrew language. The word has to do with strength. It’s often translated “army” or “wealth.” It’s talking about a woman of moral strength, a woman whose character is strong.

A woman who has godly character is a strong woman. The world would have us think that a godly woman is a weak woman who just gets run over, and she never has any opinions, never has any thoughts, never says anything. This is how the world would caricature the godly woman.

The world has it all wrong. The godly woman is a strong woman. She’s able. She’s valiant. She’s a woman of valor.

0 comments: